GEM Mortgage, a division of Golden Empire Mortgage (GEM) is proud to hold ourselves as one of the most respected lenders in the mortgage industry for over 30 years. The GEM business philosophy holds true that all consumers deserve access to credit, where “our customers are our business” is the cornerstone for excellence.
Golden Empire Mortgage isn't just about mortgages and home lending - GEM is about people, and building lasting customer relationships.
At GEM we understand that the lending process can be intimidating, that’s why we ensure that all of our employees hold to the highest level of client satisfaction. We pride ourselves on integrity, knowledge and state of the art technology all in an effort to provide our customers with excellent customer service and the best rates possible.
Under general supervision of the Quality Control Manager the Quality Control Auditor holds a multi-faceted position within the company that works directly with production departments while reporting audit results to Senior Management. Thus, allowing the company an opportunity to examine and adjust policies and procedures, measure performance and ensure the standards and compliance requirements of
government agencies, regulators and investors are met. In addition, this position requires extensive experience in
detection and prevention of loan fraud.
Duties and Responsibilities Overview:
• Perform in-depth audit on selected assigned loans to ensure that all documentation supporting the information used in the loan decision and origination is contained in the file and is accurate, complete and in compliance with all pertinent laws and regulations
• Re-verification documents and independently reviews results for accuracy of loan origination documentation; identifies deficiencies and potentially fraudulent activities
• Identifies deficiencies by types (e.g., regulation, underwriting and/or eligibility) and dimension of risk; recommends corrective actions.
• Re-verify information provided including but not limited to employment, income, down payment deposit, residency, etc.
• Maintains accurate records of findings; assists with monitoring of remediation to ensure resolution and compliance.
• Ensure all loans are underwritten in accordance with all required Investor and agency guidelines such as, FNMA, FHLMC, HUD, VA, USDA, and Jumbo.
• Maintain knowledge of underwriting guidelines, AUS (DU, LP and Manual) requirements, GEM overlays, GEM policy and procedures.
• Data integrity reviews.
• Assist in the completion of projects that may originate from departments outside of Quality Control
• Audit a minimum of 5 loans a day
• Continuous education via webinars and other training.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
• Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in residential mortgage lending focused in quality control, underwriting or processor capacity dealing with Conventional (FHLMC, FNMA), Gov’t loans (FHA, VA, USDA)
• Thorough understanding of residential loan programs, credit reports, personal and business financials, and ademonstrated ability to perform calculations to conduct financial projections and estimates.
• Knowledge of Compliance regulations (TRID), Real Estate Residential Lending, and Audit concepts and practices.
• Working knowledge of investor guidelines such as FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, and USDA.
• Ability to analyze risk as it relates to investment quality loans, critical thinking with short yet comprehensive write ups.
• Ability to review audit documentation, perform analysis, validate, and document potential risk to determine course of appropriate corrective action and/or make recommendations of such action.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to rate and categorize risk ratings in a clear and concise manner.